Are you ready for the new world?
What do…Exponential accelerating computer power, mobile ubiquitous internet connectivity and Artificial Intelligence….
Urbanisation, Aging population….
Exponential growth in digitisation of healthcare, entertainment, transport systems, roads and much else…..
New Business models that demonitise, dematerialise and democratise…..
Connected crowds that finance, create, solve and soon, everything else.…all have in common?
are the preconditions for a ‘perfect storm’
Will your company ‘survive’
the disruptive innovation that
the storm will bring?
Are you ready to embrace the opportunities?
Do you know what to do?
History of Innovation:
Innovation at cross roads…new directions
What do we need to adapt now?
Innovation going Forward
How will the ‘mostly linear’ Innovation Processes and their corporate contexts, that have served us well over the past 50 years, be reshaped through 4 disruptive key global trends?
– Exponential technologies
– Ubiquitous Internet connectivity
– Digitized health and ageing population
Exponential growth of technology will disrupt every business sector that has significant, and growing information content.
Key impacts on Business Models
1.Dematerialization: Physical Product become digitized and are distributed as ‘bits/bytes’ (Dematerialized)
- Consumer electronics product categories (Audio, camera, Video, GPS,… ) have largely been eliminated by Smart Phones
- Transportation: Not owning a car and instead use UBER
- Miniaturization of products will have great impact in the environmental sustainability
- Demonetization: Reduces the value of a market segment (especially services) through Business Model innovations
- Skype >> Long Distance calls
- iTunes >> Record stores
- Amazon >> Book Stores
- AirBnB >> Hotel Chains
- Craigslist >> Classified Ads
Drastic Impact on Business Spaces
- Democratization: Availability of key technologies/applications to almost everybody. Smartphones become the platform to access everything.
- Computing power (Cloud computing)
- Artificial Intelligence (on line virtual assistants, healthcare)
- Unlimited competences/cost competitive resources (Crowd Sourcing Crowd Funding )
- Unlimited education (Free or low cost >> on line Universities)
- Communication (Smartphones, Internet, Whats app, Skype)
- Industry and market boundaries are fading
- The Convergence / Multiplication effect of many technologies will accelerate even more the exponential growth of many applications, e.g Computing , Artificial Intelligence with 3D printing and Robotics
- The definition of an Industry is changing dramatically as boundaries
between Industries fade and digital technologies penetrate many industries
The new world disruptors:
What do… Tesla, Amazon, Instagram, Airbnb, Uber,….
All have in common?
As ‘Purpose driven Start-ups’… they all disrupted incumbents…
using as their main tools ‘speed of lean Innovation’ and ‘Experimentation through Iteration’ while leveraging
Digitization, Dematerialisation, Democratisation, Crowds and communities…..
Incumbents and Disruptors:
Are you going to be like Kodak, Nokia or Google/Waze?
Digital Disruption is exponential, therefore faster, more powerful and efficient. How to leverage its power effectively ?
We have created a new methodology to Innovate that will transform your company:
‘Exponential Disruptive Innovation’
How can we help you?
Call for Action:
Some key questions to be addressed:
- What is the Innovation focus in your company?\
- Sustaining, Business modelling, disruptive,….?
- Which of the 4 key global trends will affect you most and how?
- Which of Exponentially Disruptive industry/market forces will affect you most?
- What are the options to deal with Disruption?
- In what way do you need to enhance your Innovation Capability to embrace the opportunities?
- Is your business ‘network leveraged’?
- What are your options for Innovation set up and change?
- What are suitable and effective business model options?
- Where and how do you start?
Example: Open Innovation
The Importance of Communities and Crowds
Leveraging resources and competences
- Design ( Website , Logo , Marcom, Fiverr, Upwork, 99 designs, …)
- Collaborative Innovation/ideation (Spigit)
- Concept Design ideas (Kickstarter, Indiegogo)
- Concept Validation( Reward Crowdfunding e g Indiegogo)
- Computational resources ( Amazon , Rackspace)
- On demand workforce ( Freelancer, Mechanical Turk,. … )
- Prototypes (Techshop)
- Video Commercials (Tongal)
Example: Business (re-) modelling
Our Value Proposition:
Lead the change in your company or department
With the insights provided on Innovation processes and the macro economic global trends, we believe that you will be a confident ‘evangelist of change’ and you will be able to support the transformation process and lead the ‘next Innovation round’ in your company.
Are you ready to embrace the opportunities?
Do you know what to do?
We can help.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Mastroyiannis is Innovation Management Consultant as well as Business & Management Coach. He has served 4X as CEO of Global Business units in Multinationals ( Philips Electronics, Siemens ), he founded and/or lead 3 technology start ups and has 3 decades of leadership experience with at least 3X fast turnarounds. He worked in both B2C and B2B industries ( Consumer Electronics, Digital Communications, Energy Efficiency and Digital Lighting Solutions), has created and lead innovative scalable global portfolios, Industry 1st products and systems, he is innovating for the 21st century, simplifying, automating, growing effectively and leveraging the community as well as external assets.
Experience : Leadership and Innovation, Product Strategy and Planning, R&D, Turnaround Management, Business Unit Management ,Founding and Leadership of new businesses, Linear to Exponential organizations , Business Model innovation , Lean Innovation, Joint Ventures , Advisory boards (Including the oldest JV in China of Philips for 5 years ). He has 3 university degrees, has lived in 6 countries in Europe and Asia and now lives in Hong Kong. He can be reached through LinkedIn https://hk.linkedin.com/in/mikemastroyiannis or email email@example.com
Peter Tin is Innovation Management Consultant, Earth Friendly Disruptive Technology Entrepreneur, and Business Excellence Lean Six Sigma Practitioner. Academic trained in the US in Aerospace Engineering (B.Sc), and Systems Reliability & Industrial Management (M.Sc), Peter has served over 25 years in senior leadership roles in high technologies Fortune 500, and Startups in America & Greater China. Levels of responsibility include CEO, COO, GM, SVP and Sr. Director.
He has experience in B2C, B2B and B2G experience in diversified industries such as Semiconductor Assembly (National Semi), Mass Data Storage Disk Drives (Western Digital), Flash Memory Storage Devices (SanDisk), high speed train and subway vehicles (Bombardier China JV), Consumer Electronics (Philips), LED (Traxon/Osram/Siemens), and IOT Smart Control (Startups). Transformative Change & Disruptive innovation leadership experience: (1) Disrupted (obsoleted) Kodak moment by Sandisk’s digital photo flash memory media, lived the exponential growth (from startup to billions dollars class) as the company head of Quality & Reliability Head of the company. (2) From Zero to One, built quality and supply chain established the first Bombardier JV’s train in China. (3) Exponential 10X revenue and global brand value growth of top tiered Dynamic LED lighting company, Traxon Osram in Hong Kong.
Peter always enjoys the process of innovation management and business transformation. He believes passionate people and purposeful team work are key success factors in all human endeavors. He is home based in Hong Kong and can be contacted via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=17582895 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org.